Friday, October 16, 2009

INFO SPEECH COUNTDOWN: Next week for most of you!

Time: about 6 minutes


Topic: Must be approved by Sandra BEFORE speaking in class!

Visual Aid: 1 required per Textbook standards, with citation

References: Two sources, 2 oral citations minimum

Grading: points evenly distributed over organization, content & delivery.

Points: 100

Order: Grades docked for missing class on sign-up day/time.

Outline: See below, same as midterm PLUS References/oral citations. One copy due to me BEFORE you make the speech. Optional: Early copies emailed to idnasss@yahoo.com for extra input/editing/tips.

Overview: As an audience we will be listening for a new perspective on an old idea OR new information.

Speakers goals: Teaching us something by focusing us adequately, avoiding ‘persuasion,’(should should not be in your thesis/purpose), attempting audience interaction at least once, as well as being appropriate as you explain, instruct demonstrate or describe and ultimately offer the potential of life enrichment to us.

Bottom line: What often makes the difference between a C speech and an A or B? Contagious enthusiasm! Convey how much you care about your topic! (Brydon and Scott 368).

Outline Review: INTRO--attn getter, thesis/purpose, preview mp's, connection, credibility, transition to deeper exploration of mp's in body--BODY--main points 1-3 repeated and explored in depth supported by examples,research,analogies orpersonal experiences and visual aids, transition to conclusion--CONCLUSION--conclusive language, restate thesis, review briefly the main points (tell 'em what u just told 'em!) and end with a BANG!--Alphabetical References list Per APA or MLA (Not spoken, just included for me with the outline)

Also provide feedback for the speaker who goes immediately after you do! (10% of grade!)

For this BLOG, due next WED please let your classmates know what you hope to gain through peer feedback, ie: what would be most helpful to hear from classmates about your speech? Sounds easy, right? Ok, if you want credit, turn it into a RAPor a Rhyme or a Poem! Can be funny or serious, whatever you like! About 5 or 6 sentences ONLY! Email me with any questions on the info speech! idnasss@yahoo.com.

MY RAP

YO YO YO, SANDRAH IN DAH HOWWWSE:

WHEN I GET FEEDBACK I LIKE TO HEAR

SOMETHING GOOD I DON'T WANNA FEEL FEAR

ABOUT MY GRADE CUZ I DON'T WANT IT 2 SUCK

ONCE I MADE A SPEECH ABOUT A LITTLE LOST DUCK

DON'T B 2 HARSH, BREAK IT 2 ME GENTLY

IF I SAID UM 2 MUCH WHILE I WAS ROLLIN' IN MY BENTLEY.......WUUURDDDD

15 comments:

  1. Positive feedback would be nice
    But I also want ya'll to keep it real
    The only way I can get better
    Is by learning how everyone honestly thinks and feels
    With that said and done
    On Wednesday I shall see everyone, for input

    -Kim T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone

    Tell it like it is, I don’t trip
    You got something to say
    Then say what you got to say
    I ain’t scared
    If I make a mistake
    I need your feedback to prevent this in the future
    So give me all you got and help me become the best speaker
    In the world, LOL….!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY Hey!! i have a little ryme for you to hear its about a little feedback that you should hear. Im going give it to you straight so you can see what your performance is suppose to be.
    The attention getter requires a little enthuasium and after that comes the the big show. You might get a little nervous and sweat a bit but you'll do great this i commit..lol!!

    Katrina Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sistas and Bros,
    Give me the news flash yo!
    I like critique, just don't be bleak
    I'll try to be fly, and not supa dry
    But be honest, cuz I need to be on it!
    Positive comments would also be sweet
    Cuz after the speech, I'll be beat!

    -Heather B

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo yo wheres my snare?!

    fellow classmates from all around
    im hear today to tlk about the sound
    of blood pressure that is,
    and why your at risk
    if u dont believe me
    then u might get sick

    eating salts and sodium
    just to mention
    can definitely lead to..
    hypertension
    its the silent killer known to mankind
    eat right and leave the rest behind

    now can somebody scream! lol

    -frances B

    ReplyDelete
  6. If youre writing my review you best be listenin
    Cuz positive criticizm is what I'm missin
    Mistakes in the outline got me trippin
    Did too many ums make my flow start slippin?
    Give me some help so that next time I'll be gettin
    An A.
    So whatcha got to say?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to listen from my class
    how my performance can get a good A plus
    because listen all my weeknesses
    i will have better speeches

    Please, give me good feedbacks
    it include all negative points
    and i will send back
    a good happy face to my class

    See ya

    Juliana Diaz

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1,2,3 comment testing 1,2,3 this is the place to be,
    What's up every body, I am Johnny Zhang,
    And I am here today to tell what I want from my feedback,
    so simple, just like everyone est,
    Tell me what to work on and what is good then nothing est...

    Johnny Zhang

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not good at raps and rhymes but here I go.

    I want the truth but don't be brusk.
    I need some feed back so I don't suck.

    Tell me how I did so I can succeede.
    Positive incouragement is what I pleade.

    So break it down for me I beseech.
    Cuz I'll be tired by the end of my speech.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok so it's 7 lines and not 6 but they're technically only 5 sentences =P

    I don't really know what I wanna hear.
    Maybe let me know if I'm loud an' clear.
    Was I talkin an' walkin'
    and rockin' that flair?
    Or was I just playin'
    Too much with my hair?
    All I really ask is that you be fair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One, Two, Three, Four
    I’m on Sandra’s speech floor
    I’m going to need your assistance
    To show my persistence for a better score
    ‘cause a good grade is what I’m aiming for
    The speech thing is rough
    But give it to me straight
    And communicate
    Just don’t be too tough

    ReplyDelete
  12. Check one two - one two - one two three,
    Yo, this is Mary Jo aka MJ
    Whenever I give my speech
    even if its a little bad just like a sucking leech.
    Don't be afraid to correct me
    because I take that as constructive learn-NING.

    Mary Jo Saelee

    ReplyDelete
  13. im a narrcissistic man with a perfect face

    I want to hear how my body heats up the place

    Charisma isn't the only gift I want aknowledged that night

    The ladies start to sweat as they hear my diction just right

    Every transition must be clean and simple

    i want to hear that they need a cd of my sexy voice from dimple

    that im the hottest speaker here and I should strip

    that everyone is glad they made the trip

    if i don't get the feedback I want this speech

    i'll listen extra hard next week to sandra teach

    HAHAHAHAHAHA Thomas McDowell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Come together
    Help one another
    Aint nothin to worry bout
    Cause we all got info to give out
    Any feedback is great
    As long as you dont hate


    Ryan Takao

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Yo, Hey Yo...
    I'm in front of the class
    I would rather pass
    Cuz I don't wanna crash
    I would like some positive input
    So I can get into it
    And pass this class!

    ReplyDelete